The National Association of Youth Organizations (NAYO Africa) is a Youth Umbrella Body for youth organizations working in Zimbabwe. NAYO ‘s work spread from national, regional and international level; being the Global Youth Coordinator for CSOs Partnership for Development Effectiveness (CPDE), Regional Youth Coordinator for SADC-AAYC and at local level as National Youth Sector Chairperson with National Association of NGOs (NANGO). NAYO is premised on the notion that youth have an integral role to play in the development of the nation; a voice and platform throughout the spectrum of Zimbabwean societal concerns. The growing marginalization of youth, increasing unemployment of youth and social exclusion, gender based violence and inequalities, the vulnerability of youth and women to HIV and AIDS, among other key issues prompted youth organizations to seek a common platform to address these challenges in 2011. NAYO Africa places immense value in diversity of people and ideas in order to achieve the highest possible standards. The association is registered and operates under the Laws of Zimbabwe.
A re-positioned, redefined and enhanced role of youth in all developmental processes.
NAYO is premised on the notion that youth have an integral role to play in the development of the nation; a voice and platform throughout the spectrum of Zimbabwean societal concerns.
To see a repositioned, redefined and enhanced role of youth in community and national, regional and international developmental processes.
To redress the challenges that youth are facing and contribute towards their active participation in developmental processes through Coordination, Advocacy, Capacity Building and Information Sharing Initiatives.
- Transparency and accountability
- Gender Equality
- Primacy of Young People
- Inclusiveness and Impartiality
- Human Rights and Cultural tolerance
- To build and sustain an open, flexible, transparent and accountable National Association of Youth Organizations.
- To foster solidarity, information learning, exchange, and dissemination.
- To create a common platform to advocate for the concerns of youth at National, Regional and International levels.
- To build the capacity of partner organizations and their constituencies to effectively participate in community and national development processes.
- To mobilize resources and support in order to enable the work of NAYO for the common good of young people in Zimbabwe and Africa.